Hey there! Welcome back to my blog! Or maybe I should welcome myself back to my blog ;-). For those of you who might be checking this page out for the first time, I thought it would be fun to do a little get to know me post, for the newcomers and for those of you who might’ve have forgotten all about me by now.
My name is Valerie and I am a twenty-something cupcake baker living in Virginia. To get to know me better, I thought it might be fun to play a game of 20 questions, so here we go:
- Are you named after anyone? Yes and no. My mom and I have the same middles name, but I’m the only “Valerie” in my family
- When was the last time you cried? Over the weekend, watching the movie “Catching Fire” – it got me when I read the book and got me again when I watched the movie – UGH
- Do you have kids? No, but does my dog Pumba count? 🙂
- If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Definitely, b
ut be warned, I get a little cranky when I’m hungry.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot? Maybe, maybe not
- Will you ever bungee jump? Heck no! Not for all the money in the world. And as a side note I am not a fan of roller coasters either
- What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- What is your eye color? Sometimes blue and sometimes green, depending on the light and what I am wearing at the time
- Scary movie or happy endings? Scary movie! I love scary, suspense type movies – but not the gross blood and guts type of movies.
- Favorite smells? I like a lot of sweet smells, like frosted cupcake (duh), vanilla etc. for the home. But as far as perfumes go, I tend to gravitate towards florals.
- Summer or Winter? I prefer Spring or Fall – the in between seasons
- Computer or television? Computer! I can still watch TV shows on the computer through Netflix and Hulu. By the way, I am a little obsessed with Netflix and Hulu… it’s an addiction.
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I am a world traveler! I have been to Germany, Greece, Switzerland, France, and even lived in Mexico for a bit.
- Do you have any special talents? Does eating a whole box of girl scout cookies count as a talent?
- Where were you born? Virginia, USA
- What are your hobbies? I like doing DIY projects and crafts, Netflix (as previously discussed), shopping for bargains, reading, and playing with my dog. Which brings us to ….
- Do you have any pets? YES! I have a lab mix named Pumba. He is about 2 years old and he is the best dog ever (most days)
- Favorite movie? There is no way I can pick just 1 favorite movie, but I will watch Forest Gump every time it is on TV.
- Do you have any siblings? 2 older sisters – youngest in the house!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? This is a trick question…. don’t grow up, it’s a trap.
Well there you have it! You are now an expert on all things Valerie.
So let’s talk a little about what I want to talk about on this blog. Of course you will get a glimpse into my life, but I also want to talk about beauty and fashion. Ever since I was a little girl, I was very particular about my clothes and my idea of what looked good. Just ask my older sister who used to have to get me ready for school every morning. In addition to fashion, within the last couple of years I have dixcovered my love for makeup. I love experimenting and trying different looks and products. So here you will find my thoughts and impressions on new products – think of me as your guinea pig. I try it out, before you have to buy it.
PLUS – my life would not be complete w
ithout cupcakes, so you will be seeing more of that as well!
Until next time!